The Big Irony

I make plans I know I won't accomplish

Promises I know I won't fulfil

Vows I know I won't redeem

I dream dreams I may not achieve 

I make friends with people I know wouldn't stay

I read books I know I won't understand 

I believe things I know are not true

I trust people I know can't be trusted

I let myself fall when I can stand

I make myself vulnerable when I can be bold

I close my eyes even when I can see

I make commitments to things I know I won't do

I love even when I know I won't love long enough 

I make mistakes even when I know what's right and wrong

I fight for things I know can't be mine

Isn't life such a big irony?


We take risks everyday, risks worth taking and risks not worth it. 

We live like we have everything all figured out but we ain't got nothing. 

We act like we have nothing to lose when everything's at stake. 

We act all happy in public but we are a complete mess when we get into our rooms. 

Isn't life such a big irony?


This life is more complicated than what we asked for, not like we asked for anything anyways

Imagine trying to open a door that doesn't exist...

Imagine trying to close a door that has never been open...

Isn't life such a big irony?


Why do we hope so recklessly just to discover the stream we thought we saw was just another mirage?

Why do we have to have faith in things we can't see?

Why do we have to sit and watch the rich waste and the poor struggle for the crumbs that fall from their tables and still finally die?

Why?

Why is life such a big irony?


Will there be a time when these questions stop coming?

Will there be a time when the questions that come stop multiplying?

Will there be a time when there would be answers?

Will there come a time when I can just lay in the grass and have nothing to worry about?

Will there be a time when depression suddenly becomes a myth and suicide a thing for the already dead?

Will there be a time I can just close my eyes and experience, Peace! Perfect Peace!?

Life such a big irony!


Comments

  1. This is an amazing piece.
    Indeed, life is a big irony.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts