BITTER TRANSIT

I wish the day I was born never existed!
I wish there was a raging thunderstorm that night
With bolts of lightning that scared the shit out of 90-year-olds;
Like one they had never seen before.

I wish that night the heavens mourned,
Cause what a disaster was about to happen!
I wish the skies opened up and flooded the earth
I wish the birds cried for help and flew their nests
I wish the chaos in the atmosphere was just enough
Just enough to prolong the labor;
That would bring me into this world to die and labor

I wish the day I was born was erased from history
Erased from the history of the earth with no one having its memory
I wish I knew what a world I was coming into
I would have tarried in my first world and lived my whole life there
I wish my sorrows are enough to take me back to that day
I will, with my hands turn back the hands of time to the very initiation of my form
I wish that day never happened.

I curse the day I became a citizen of this world
I curse the day I became a citizen of this country
Nigeria call obey
Arise O'Compatriots
Oh, damn your call!
I'm the worst patriot you could ever ask for

Every night I sleep with troubles that rather keep me awake
If only I could find a way;
These blatant liars would lie and never wake
With promises flowing like streams into a river of non-existence
Their mouths run like broken taps that mess the whole place
Their words steaming;
Hot and spiced with too much fennel
Hell, they'll react the way I do,
If they were to eat them.

We are like their trashcans that never get full
Swallowing their rubbish, day by day
Accommodating their lies, year after year
Don't you get tired? Cause I do.
How long will you continue to be fooled?
Of course, they see us as fools
So they beat the drums we dance best to

The labor of our fathers is in vain in this land
I curse the day it became my fatherland!

_blacksnow.

















Writer's Note:
It is peaceful bliss to be a citizen in a country that appreciates you. 
If you have such privilege, you're free to carry the whole village!
Yes, make the most of it.

Some of us aren't that privileged.
All we do is key into the hope of our fathers; that in generations to come, we shall be better. 
 
Meanwhile, don't forget to drop your comments, I'd love to hear them!!


Comments

  1. I'm so in love with this work.
    It is so relatable and true, it brought me to tears...
    Hope to see more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since we can't change the day we were born, we should live and probably change things before we die🙂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts